Posted January 27, 2009 at 8:36 pm
Adapted from lgbt.church's adaptation of Ron Miller’s Advanced Improv Practice Guide
Before starting any work of art, read and seriously consider the following:
- How fortunate I am that in this life I am one who has been allowed to create beauty with art.
- It is my responsibility to create peace, beauty, and love with art.
I WILL BE KIND TO MYSELF
- IT IS ONLY ART
- No matter my level of development as an artist, how good or bad I think I am, it is only art and I am a beautiful person.
- I will not compare myself with my colleagues. If they do art beautifully, I will enjoy it and be thankful and proud that I live in fellowship with them.
- There will always be someone with more abilities in art than my own as there will be those with less.
REASONS TO CREATE ART
- To contribute to the world’s spiritual growth.
- To contribute to my own self-discovery and spiritual growth.
- To pay homage to all the great artists, past and present, who have added beauty to the world.
RID YOUR SELF OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS FOR BEING AN ARTIST
- To create self-esteem
- To be “hip”
- To manipulate
- To get rich or famous